How it works
Once the fat cells in the treatment area are gone, they’re gone. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule that helps break down fat in the body. The active ingredient in KYBELLA is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Fat cells are broken down each time KYBELLA is injected into the treatment area beneath the chin. Over a period of time, those cells are cleared away through the natural processes of your body. You are then left with a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin.
What to expect
Ericka will recommend the number of treatment sessions you may need to achieve your aesthetic goals. Each treatment is at least one month apart. Our social media specialist will take your photo before and after each treatment and track the change in your chin/ profile line throughout your treatment series. The injection process may take 15 to 20 minutes. Ericka will use cold packets and anesthesia to help make you more comfortable.
Comfort & Safety
Expect to be swollen for 4 to 6 weeks post treatment. We advise on sleeping at an incline for the first night. You can use ice to ease the swelling and Tylenol if needed. You may have sporadic shooting pains in the treated area for the first 2 weeks. Clients who do Kybella with us have the option on coming in one after treatment to have our Venus legacy done on the area, this helps heal and lymphaticlly drain the area.
This treatment is FDA approved and there has been over one million treatments administer. Thats the good news, as fare as the comfort of the treatment, you may experience slight discomfort. Ice and Tylenol can be used to enhance your experience and elevate some discomfort.
1. Do NOT, touch, press, rub, massage, or manipulate the treatment area.
2. Ice the treated areas for the next 24 hours. Place the icepack on the area for 20 minutes and
remove the ice pack for 20 minutes. Continue this pattern for 24 hours.
3. Apply (over the counter) Arnica gel to the treatment area to help decrease the bruising,
swelling, and discomfort.
Take (over the counter) acetaminophen and/or pain reliever if needed to decrease post
5. Sleep on your back and with head elevated for the next 3-5 days after treatment.
Drink plenty of water and fluids after treatment.
7. Avoid vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for 3-5 days after treatment.
8. Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E or any
other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week after treatment. These items may increase
bleeding and bruising.
9. Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined
carbohydrates, spicy foods and cigarettes 24-48 hours after your treatment. These items may
contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
10. Avoid cosmetic treatments such as injectables, laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro-
dermabrasion to the KYBELLA® treatment area. Your technician can assist and advise in
coordinating specific treatment timing with other concurrent aesthetic services.
11. Please report to your provider immediately if you develop an asymmetric smile or facial muscle
weakness, skin ulceration in the treatment area, difficulty swallowing, or if any existing