Dermal fillers are often used for treating deep-set facial wrinkles, and they can also add volume to hollow areas such as the cheeks, temples and under the eyes, all of which are common effects of aging
How it works
Dermal fillers are a soft tissue filler injected into the skin at different depths to help fill in facial wrinkles, provide facial volume, and augment facial features restoring a smoother appearance. Most of these wrinkle fillers are temporary because they are eventually absorbed by the body.
What to expect
An appointment for injectable filler is fairly quick, usually about an hour to one and a half hours. One hour prior to your injection, a topical numbing cream will be applied to the area to lessen discomfort.
After filler appointment we advise you to AVOID the following:
● Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area. Unless instructed by your esthetician.
● Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
● Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours.
● Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excess swelling.
● If you have swelling you may apply a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour.
Prior to your filler appointment, please AVOID the following otherwise indicated by your esthetician:
● Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment
● Avoid anti-inflammatory/ blood thinning medications, if possible, for a period of 2 weeks before treatment
● Schedule your Dermal Filler appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation.Bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period.
● Discontinue Retin- A 2 days after treatment.
● Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
● If you have a history of cold sores please let your aesthetician know, they may put you on an antiviral education prior to treatment.
● You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.